DISK READING ERRORS, CAN'T EJECT GAMES [$80-$150]
Your Xbox doesn't load games properly or has other bluray drive related problems. Downloaded content still works.
BROKEN HDMI PORT, NO VIDEO SIGNAL [$100-$150]
Your Xbox One still beeps and turns on like normal but you're left staring at a blank TV.
"STICK DRIFT" OR UNRESPONSIVE BUTTONS [$40-$60]
Your game character moves on its own or your triggers/bumpers/buttons aren't working when activated.
SYSTEM OVERHEATING, NOISY FAN [$80]
Your Xbox one is making strange noises and the fan is revved up into high gear. Your Xbox One may shut down after a short period of play.
BOOTS TO A BLACK SCREEN OR GREEN XBOX LOGO [$80+]
Your Xbox one won't turn on or hangs on the green Xbox splash screen.
Xbox One FAQ & Tips
- What can I try at home before coming to see you?
- If you have access to someone else’s Xbox One, try booting up your console with their power supply. If that's not an option, we'd be happy to test it for you free of charge.
- My Xbox One turns on but I don't see any video
- HDMI cables can fail over time. If you have already tried a new HDMI cord, try taking a flashlight and doing a quick visual inside the female HDMI port on your Xbox One. If any of those little pins on either side of the plastic tongue are missing or bent, then your signal won’t make it out to the TV.
- Also double check to make sure you have plugged the HDMI cord into the appropriate port. There are TWO, count em TWO HDMI ports on the Xbox One. Make sure you are connected to the one closest to the power cord.
- My disc drive works sometimes. Do I really need to come see you?
- If your game is not showing up on the home screen, try inspecting the disk under a bright light to look for scratches. Even tiny micro scratches or finger prints can prevent games from loading.
- Also inspect closely near the center of the disk on the clear plastic for tiny cracks.
- Do I need to bring my cables and controllers?
- Unless you suspect there is something wrong with them, there is no need to bring your cables/controllers to the shop. We have all the necessary testing equipment at our shop