posted in: Our Repair Notes | 0

Every now and then we see a console that is outside the regular scope of repairs we offer.  More common repairs include things like HDMI port replacements, maybe a little bit of nerd rage, but this one was a little bit different.  Playing vids under the soft flicker of candle light sounds like a great idea for date night… but not so much when the candle is ON the xbox one.  The candle wax melted down through the fan vents and coated the entire APU and surrounding ram chips.  Thankfully wax isn’t conductive so no permanent damage was caused! WHEW!

 

candle wax melted into xbox one motherboard

Leave a Reply